3.30.2009

Tic Tac Toe Quilt



I finished the Tic Tac Toe quilt. Sorry the picture is not very good. I have got to figure out a better way to take pictures of quilts. The center four blocks came out of the March 2006 Quilter's Newsletter. The border was taken from a quilt I found in Quick Quilts, except I decided to do random size colored blocks.

The quilt is for a baby shower at work on Wednesday. I hope they like it. It isn't a very traditional looking baby quilt. I was using fabric from my stash so I could get started quickly. I looked for primary colors but I just did not have them. So I used brights.

I always get asked how long it takes to make a quilt and usually I have no idea. This time because I did it in a week and a half I have a pretty good idea.
  • 8 hours to piece the top
  • 6 hours to machine quilt
  • 10 minutes of swearing once I found out that I had large tucks in the backing on two corners
  • 1.5 hours to rip out the quilting on those corners
  • 30 minutes to quilt those portions again.
  • 6 hours to do the binding

My husband liked it enough that he said I should keep it and give them something else. I think that means I'll be making a king size Tic Tac Toe quilt soon. I definitely need to add to my stash for that one.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jhianna on 4/02/2009 9:58 PM said...

Oooh, I like that! Very nice!

Karen Gentsch on 4/03/2009 8:28 AM said...

Thanks! The friend I made it for liked it too. He thought it was really cool to get something handmade.

Dream, Design, Create with EQ7
Quilting Bloggers Logo

My Blog List

 

DogsNQuilts Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez